Saturday, December 30, 2006

89

Bev's Charity Challenge 2006 comes to an end today, although the year isn't quite up yet. Tomorrow Bev and Chris will be running totals and deleting the database to make room for 2007 participants. I can't believe it, but I personally made 89 items this year for charity. Many in the challenge made MUCH more, but I'm still a bit proud of myself....if I do sayso myself. LOL!

So...that leaves me with what will I set my goal for 2007? I guess I need to attempt to beat 2006 by 1. Whatcha think? It's going to be wild and crazy year. I'm not sure that I will even come close to making the goal. I was going to wait until Monday to make my "announcement", but I guess now is as good a time as any.

Tomorrow I will be 12 weeks pregnant...again. This is pregnancy #6 if anyone is keeping track. We only have one living child.

We took a huge leap of faith and decided to give one more shot at adding to our family. It's already turned out to be a pretty stressful start, including 1.5 wks of bleeding, some contracting, and 2 fibroids. Although things have settled down now, I'm pretty much on a self-imposed house arrest.

On Jan 4th, I'll have a cerclage put in. After that, no lifting, no bending, nothing. There will come a time when horizontal will be the best position for me as to take pressure/gravity off my cervix. We are in the process of hiring a nanny to begin on Jan 8th. Things went bad with Emma at 21 weeks, so I'm figuring by 17-18 weeks I need to be laying down as much as possible. I am under the care of a perinatologist this time, one that is highly regarded. With cautious optimism, we're praying for the best and will do everything within our power to bring home a baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candy,
What an exciting and anxious time. I did not know that you had been through so many pregnancies. Praying for you and your baby.
Tracy

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you in a couple of days :) I will be praying for you and your baby that all will go well.
Way to go on making so many items for charity ... I am also trying to decide how many items to 'pledge' for next year ... still thinking about it :)

Love and hugs,
Cheryl :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Candy - what wonderful news. No wonder you are edgy, but it looks like you are in the best of care and are mitigating potential issues - many, many prayers coming your way for your health and that of your dear new little one. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Praying for a healthy baby born at just the right time.

Will you have a laptop to keep in touch with?

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.