Monday, March 17, 2008

For Baby Hunter




These are a few things for Baby Hunter. This is a little friend of Kathy. He was born at 1 lbs 5 oz. Over the weekend, he contracted NEC, the same intestinal infection that Emma was unable to beat. He had the procedure to put a drain in his intestines. This is the same procedure that was being performed when Emma's heart stopped for the last time. I am fighting for little Hunter like you wouldn't believe. His little footprints have already left his mark on my heart.

I made a little blanket for him. I hope that he can at least lay on it if he can't be wrapped in it. I'm sure it will be quite a while before he can have things close to his skin. Micro-preemie's skin is so very delicate. You can actually see through it in the early days.

"Peanut" is the name of the elephant. I dug it out of some of EGF's things and thought it was so appropriately named for the little peanut that Hunter is. The journal is for Mom and Dad. I bought it a couple of weeks ago in the $1 bin at Michael's.

I tried a new applique stitch (for me) per Amy's encouraging. I did ok with it....could have been worse, could have been better. It's not as nice as Amy's strawberry for sure!


4 comments:

Kathy said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL CANDY. I CAN'T TYPE FOR THE TEARS. IT'S AMAZING HOW SOMETHING SO TINY CAN STIR UP SUCH STRONG EMOTIONS. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Lisa said...

I agree with Kathy. The work is absolutely beautiful. Baby Hunter and his entire family will be so thankful and are truly blessed to have such a strong and powerful network of people praying for his continued improvement. Thank you for all that you are doing to help families in need and God bless you.

Tracy Batchelder said...

The blanket is beautiful and Hunter's parents will appreciate that it comes from someone who's understands the things they are feeling right now.

Amy K. said...

IM glad you used the stitch. I will never zig zag again:-)