Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Made it through the night

and Mom's plane lands in 10 mins. Last night I started contracting about 5-7 mins apart and lasting 35-45 secs each. They weren't painful at all, just some tightening and felt like I couldn't catch a deep breath. I ended up taking 1 ventolin about 8:30. After the saga with Mom changing her flight, I knew I had to make it through the now. Peri said not to let myself contract against the stitch, but I'm not sure exactly how much contracting (if not painful) is acceptable. Certainly what I experienced last night wouldn't be cause for alarm in "normal" labor, if that's the proper way to put it. I'll call in as soon as her office opens this morning to get better guidance.

Now....lets get this show on the road!!! I'm thinking a little walking trip to Babies R Us might be in order. You know...that Diaper Champ MUST be here by the time he arrives. LOL!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

SO GLAD YOUR MOTHER IS WITH YOU. EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE CANDY. WHEN YOU START TO WORRY CLOSE YOUR EYES AND THINK ABOUT HOLDING AUSTIN. THINK ABOUT THE TINY SOUNDS THAT HE'LL MAKE AND THE WAY HE'LL SMELL. PICTURE THE WAY HE'S GOING TO LOOK. ONLY GOOD THOUGHTS FROM HERE ON OUT CANDY. NOTHING ELSE IS ALLOWED. O.K.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Glad your mom made it in time. Can't wait to welcome Austin into the world.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been online much, but have been checking in to see how you and little Austin are doing.

Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for baby and mom! I'm so excited for your family.